Press materials & media exposureWould you like to do a story on Green Halloween? Please email us directly.
Check out our Boo Buzz!
Below are the components of our online media kit. For more information, contact Amy.
Seattle Times - Sunday, October 26, 2008 (FEATURE)
Seattle Times – October 21, 2007 (Feature)
- National Post (Canada)
- Calgary Herald: click for segment #1 and segment #2
- Newsday (GreenStreet)
- Edmonton Journal (Canada)
- 24 Hours Vancouver
- Toronto Sun
- Journal Newspapers
- The Oakland Tribune
- June issue of Natural Awakenings magazine (PDF)
- Coastal Point newspaper
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association: Making Halloween a Little Healthier
- Sound Consumer
- True Genius Magazine
- The Vancouver Sun - Sorry, sweets. We're dreamin' of a Green Halloween
- The Vancouver Sun - Suggestions toward a green Halloween
- Spokesman Review
- Issaquah Press
- Renton Reporter
- Seattle Times – Monday, October 13th
- Seattle Times, Saturday October 18th
- Samammish/Issaquah Reporter (PDF version)
- Hometown News
- USA Today
- Washington Parent
- Rentonreporter.com (PDF version here)
- Seattle PI
- Access Hollywood
- CBS News (San Francisco)
- ABC-7 News (Los Angeles)
- KTLA- aired October 23rd at 6:20am, 8:20am, 6pm and 9pm
- KSTW (CW network) click herefor TV clip or herefor webpage.
- NWCN- Interview with Corey that ran once every hour from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on October 26, 2007
- King5- Two interviews, one for the Evening News with Roberta Chiappone and Morning News with Joyce Taylor
- Good Day Street Talk (FOX NYC)
- Fox 13(Tampa)
- Komo TV(Seattle)
For YouTube videos, click here.
Radio & Podcasts
- Green Patriot Radio
- NPR– Tell Me More
- NPR– with Rose Scott
- Martha Stewart’s “Whole Living” radio show – 10:35 am – 10:55 am EST on October 13, 2008
- Radio Disney (KKDZ 1250) – ½ hour recorded interview aired October 25, 2008
- Green News Report
- Conscious Discussions Talk Radio
- Radio Green Earth
- Green Patriot Radio
- Living Shelter Radio
- I’m Thankful Radio
- Healthy Life Talk Radio
- Get Ready to Learn
- Talk 1410 The Buzz of Vancouver – Live at 4:35 p.m. PST, October 22, 2008
- News 95.7 in Halifax (Nova Scotia) – aired October 29, 2008
- 103.7 FM The Mountain (Marty Riemer Show) – aired October 28, 2008
- KING FM- segments #1, #2, #3, #4
- Green By Design TV/ NewlyGreens
- More Hip Than Hippie Podcast
- Corey did a brief interview on October 18 on KOMO radio in Seattle.
- KMTT- Interview with Jodi Brothers and Marty Remer (Listen here)
- KIRO- Interview with Heather Bosch
- Corey did an interview with KPLU radio in Seattle.
Green Halloween has been featured or named on hundreds of websites & blogs including:
- Cool Mom Picks
- Home & Garden Television (HGTV.com)
- Planet Green
- Ideal Bite
- AOL (Canada)
For a complete list, click here.
Articles by us
More articles by Corey & Lynn can be found here.
- Boo At The Zoo: Green Halloween Events, Eco-Friendly Celebrations Hosted By Zoos Across The Nation
- Add Green To Your Halloween! Join Green America and AZA-Accredited Zoos and Aquariums for Green Halloween® Events Around the Country
- Popular Green Halloween® Revolution Becomes Program of Green America
- World Financial Center Winter Garden Goes Green For Halloween Family Fun
- Oregon Zoo to host howlin' good time
- Green Halloween Festival Returns to Issaquah Highlands
- ChicoBag® and Green Halloween® Host the 4th Annual “EEK”-O-Inspired Reusable Bag Design Contest for Kids
- Surf Sweets® and Green Halloween® Partner to Spread the Green This Halloween
- Join Green Halloween and AZA-Accredited Zoos and Aquariums for Halloween Events Around the County
- Seattle, WA, September 2011 - One million pieces of conventional candy will be replaced by healthier alternatives at events across the country this Halloween
- Boston, MA, September 2011 - Swap.com and Green Halloween® to Host a Family Swap Day in Boston
- Seattle, WA, September 2011- On heels of huge first year success, Green Halloween®, Swap.com and KIWI magazine launch 2nd Annual "National Costume Swap Day" on October 8th
- New Kids Halloween Song from Mr. Halloweenster Kicks-Off Effort to “Think Outside the Candy Wrapper(SM)”
- Seattle, WA, October 2010- Green Halloween and zoos around the country are providing communities with 'Spooktacular' eco-friendly Halloween events and a ROARING good time
- Seattle, WA, September 28, 2010 - Green up your wallet and Halloween by celebrating an Earth-friendly and EEK-O-nomical holiday this year
- Seattle WA, September 23, 2010 -Swap.com Joins Green Halloween® and KIWI magazine and Declares October 9th "National Costume Swap Day"
- Issaquah WA, October 7, 2009 - Celebrate a frugal, green Halloween that will thrill the kids, please your pocketbook and respect the Earth
- New York NY, October 14, 2009 - NYC’s Green Halloween Festival promoting ‘Creativity Over Candy’ Featuring Live Entertainment and Interactive Art
- Seattle WA, October 8, 2008 (national release) - This mom believes kids are smarter than parents think. Insists children will be just as happy with a small treasure as with sugary treats this Halloween
- Seattle WA, October 8, 2008 (local release) - Seattle area’s Green Halloween® initiative to make Halloween child and Earth-friendly, founded here in 2007, expands across the U.S.
- Bellevue, WA September 17, 2008 - Don’t be Spooked by an Unhealthy Halloween (Crayons Beverages)
- Phoenix, AZ October 1, 2008 - Valley Residents Called on to “GO GREEN” for Halloween (Phoenix-area)
- Seattle, WA, June 11, 2008 (national release) - Contest gives kids the opportunity to change the color of Halloween and benefit charity: Green companies partner to let kids design new eco-friendly trick-or-treat bags
- Seattle, WA October 26, 2007 - Green Halloween Spawns Fun for the Little Ones, with Child And Earth-friendly Traditions
- Seattle, WA September 1, 2007 - Seattle Mom launches Green Halloween movement ...
Would you like to do a story on Green Halloween? Please e-mail us for our press kit.